The Inaugural 2035 Oceania Summit Delivered!
As New Zealand emerges from lockdowns, closed borders and re-connects with the world, the 2035 Oceania Summit provided a unique opportunity for New Zealand's agrifood and agritech sectors to meet and engage in-person and meet peer delegations from around the world. The Summit delivered!
The Summit was more than just a two-day conference. It was a key part of a long-term platform designed to focus on actionable outcomes that will create positive global impact. That started with significant face-to-face interaction at the Aotea Centre in Auckland.
With major international delegations arriving from Australia, the Pacific Islands, the USA and Europe, there was no better opportunity for New Zealanders wanting to make a difference on the global stage. Whether you were in government, research, industry or investment, the Summit provided the networking platform necessary to accelerate your ambition.
The Summit outcomes included:
- Identifying opportunities to develop a net-zero food production system
- Leveraging the scientific advances being developed by our research community
- Taking decisive action to protect and conserve our oceans
- Supporting the Pacific Islands address food security issues and climate change
- Encouraging investment into our region’s growing agrifood tech sector
- Empowering our farmers to adopt news ways of sustainable agricultural production